This soup is really yummy! If you want, you can add potatoes, sausage, and/or bacon.
2 cups broccoli florets
1 small onion, diced
1 T. butter
1 can (10 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 t. dried basil
1/4 t. pepper
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a large pot, saute broccoli and onion in butter until soft.
When soft, add soup, milk, water, basil, and pepper. Mix together and heat.
Be sure to get the soup mixed in well!
Then comes the cheese.. Now if you’re like me, throughout this entire process of making the soup, you’ve been eating the cheese. Now you need to go refill the measuring cup before you can finish the soup…. Ugh…
Dump in the cheese.
Stir until melted. And you’re done!
Doesn’t it look pretty?
Have a great day!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Write a review
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 T. butter
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 t. dried basil
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large soup pot, sauté the broccoli and onions in butter until soft.
- When the veggies are tender, add in the soup, milk, water, basil, and pepper.
- Stir together and heat through.
- Once the soup is heated, dump in the cheese and stir.
- Once cheese is melted, serve the soup!
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/