Yummy. Yummy. Yummy. Yep. That’s all I can say when it comes to this bread! The mixture of chocolate and banana is perfect. Try it and find out…
2 cups flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (3-4 bananas)
1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Cream together your butter and sugar.
Mash your bananas. (This is a good time to take out any lil bit of anger you’ve got pent up!)
Add the bananas, eggs, and yogurt to your butter/sugar mixture. Mix well!
Add in your flour and gently mix.
Melt your chocolate and then add 3/4 cup batter to the chocolate. Mix it well.
Layer the chocolate batter and regular batter in your bread pan and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then pop out and cool on a wire rack.
Store in the fridge and enjoy!!!
Chocolate Banana Swirl Bread
Write a review
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (3-4 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by combining the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- In yet another bowl, mash your bananas up.
- To the butter/sugar mixture, add the bananas, eggs, and yogurt. Mix well!
- Gradually stir in the flour, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, microwave (or melt on the stove) the chocolate. Add 3/4 cup of the batter to the chocolate.
- Layer the batter and chocolate in a loaf pan and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Pull out and let sit for 10 minutes before popping it out onto a wire rack and cooling completely.
- Store in fridge and enjoy!
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/