The weather is cooling off, the leaves are starting to change colors, and football is now in full swing. Which guess what that means?! It’s time to bake! When I get into one of these “moods” two of the things I grab most of the time are pumpkin and chocolate. So why not combine them together into a favorite brownie? Great idea! Here goes:
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt
1 cup flour
4 oz. cream cheese, soft
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t. vanilla
6 oz. chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream (or whole milk)
Start by grabbing your unsweetened chocolate…
And heating it in a saucepan with the butter.
Until it’s nice, smooth, and melted through! (This is divine smelling – Just thought you should know. But trust me, don’t try it right now!) Turn off the burner and set aside for now.
In the bowl of a stand-mixer, combine the soft cream cheese…
Pumpkin Pie Spice.
Mix it all together until smooth. (This tastes really good!!)
Going back to your butter/chocolate mixture, whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Gradually add in the flour and stir until it’s just combined.
Pour 3/4 of the batter in a greased 8 x 8 inch pan.
Throw dollops of the pumpkin mixture onto the brownie batter, smooth it out, and then top with the rest of the brownie batter.
Then hand over the spatula to the little helper.. After giving them control of it, you’ll probably be cleaning chocolate out of every little nook and cranny on them for awhile!
Using a knife, swirl the pumpkin through the brownie batter.. At this point, there seems to be only one word swirling through my mind “Yummy!!”
Bake the brownies for 30 – 35 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
When the brownies are cooled, make the ganache by combining the chocolate chips and cream (or whole milk) in a saucepan.
Melt them together and spoon over the cooled brownies.
Serve with a big smile and enjoy!
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 oz. cream cheese, soft
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or whole milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter together in a large saucepan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together the soft cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- To the butter/chocolate mixture, add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Pour 3/4 of the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the pumpkin mixture over the batter and then top with the remaining batter.
- Using a knife, cut through the batter several times to swirl it all together.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When brownies are cooled, make the ganache by melting together the chocolate chips and heavy cream or milk.
- Spoon over brownies, serve, and enjoy!