The other day, I was simply craving something full of blueberries and lemon. So I made this! These little guys are actually mini lemon-blueberry cakes, but in a loaf shape. They have a super simple little glaze you pour over them and it adds a little punch to the cakes.
2 cups flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
3/4 cup buttermilk (substitute could be 3/4 cup milk with 1 T. lemon juice or vinegar)
1 t. vanilla
2 T. fresh lemon juice
Zest from 1 lemon
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature (or run under hot water for about a minute)
2 1/2 cups blueberries
1 T. flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1 – 2 T. fresh lemon juice
You won’t survive without doing it.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (substitute could be 3/4 cup milk with 1 T. lemon juice or vinegar)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature (or run under hot water for about a minute)
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 T. flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by whisking together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Grate your lemon peel and then juice the lemon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the lemon zest, butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Alternate between adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture. You should have about three additions of each.
- Rinse off your blueberries and pat dry. In a bowl, gently toss and coat the blueberries with the tablespoon flour.
- Combine the batter and blueberries together and pour into four mini, greased, loaf pans.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Once finished baking, cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before adding glaze.
- Make the glaze by combining the lemon juice and powdered sugar together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the loaves.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!!