These granola bars are so easy to make and then with the honey, oats, and flax seed, they also have a kick of healthy in them! Wrapped in plastic wrap and stuck in the freezer, you can pull them out the night before you need them to thaw or just keep a handful on the counter for on the go!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups honey
1/3 cup veggie oil
1/4 t. salt
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 t. vanilla
4 cups crisped rice cereal
2 2/3 cups old fashioned oats
2/3 cups ground flax seed (I used golden milled flax seed)
1 cups mini chocolate chips
Dump your oats in a large bowl.
Add the cereal…
Then add the ground flax seed and gently stir to combine.
In a medium saucepan over low flame, dump the brown sugar…
Then the honey..
And then add the oil and sea salt.
Bring this mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
Take the pan off of the heat and then add the peanut butter and vanilla. Yummy!
Add this to the oats mixture and stir together.
Let this sit and cool off for 5-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut a piece of wax paper to fit a large cookie sheet.
Dump the granola onto the cookie sheet and flatten it out.
One idea is if you lay another piece of waxed paper over the granola, you can use a cookie sheet to flatten the granola out.
Once flat, sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the granola.
Use the cookie sheet and gently press the chips into the granola.
Cool completely in the fridge and then cut into the size of bars you want.
Wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then stick in a larger freezer bag. Pop them in the freezer and grab for when you’re on the go!
Homemade Granola Bars
An easy granola bar to whip together and grab on the go!
Write a review
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1/3 cup veggie oil
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 t. vanilla
- 4 cups crisped rice cereal
- 2 2/3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cups ground flax seed (I used golden milled flax seed)
- 1 cups mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the rice cereal, oats, and flax seed. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, bring to a boil the brown sugar, honey, oil, and salt. Boil 1 minute and then remove from the heat. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Dump this into the oat mixture, gently stir, and then let cool for 5-8 minutes.
- Cut a piece of waxed paper to fit a large cookie sheet and then spread out the granola on it using another piece of waxed paper and a cookie sheet set on top of it.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over it and then set in the fridge to cool.
- Once cooled, cut into bars (whatever size you want), wrap in plastic wrap (individually) and then freeze in a large freezer bag.
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/