My mom has made this mac ‘n cheese for years. Especially when some of us were sick. My favorite thing about this recipe is that you can whip it together (yes, does take a few minutes to cook the noodles, but it takes a bit of time to make anything. So why not take a bit longer and make it good???) and then toss it in the oven and forget it.
1 1/2 cups macaroni, cooked and drained
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cubed
1 lb. Velveeta, cubed
3 cups milk
2 T. flour, sifted
Let’s start by cooking and draining our macaroni.
While it’s cooking, cube and toss your butter into a large roaster.
Do the same with your cheese.
Add some salt and pepper.
Dump in your macaroni…. Yummy!
Slosh in the milk.
Stir it around and sift the flour over the top. Stir that in too!
Bake in the oven at 350* for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the top.
Dish up and serve!
“I vant to suck yer blood!!! Bwahaha”
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cubed
- 1 lb. Velveeta, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 T. flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by cooking and draining the macaroni.
- Cube the butter and Velveeta and throw it in a large roaster pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, milk, and flour. Stir it around until it's mostly mixed.
- Bake for 45 - 60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/