Do you ever have the great idea of making something and then go and try to find a recipe that fits your criteria and can’t find one? Well that’s the story behind this recipe! I knew I wanted homemade applesauce outa these apples, but didn’t really know how to go about it. So, I went online and started going through applesauce recipes. I found what looked to be the basic ingredients and went from there! We’ve ended up really liking this applesauce, and I hope you will too!
6 – 8 large apples, chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 T cinnamon
1/8 t. ground cloves
1/8 t. ground nutmeg
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 T. butter
1 cup water
Start by washing off your apples and chopping them up. Place in a medium crockpot.
Dump on your lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
Add your butter and brown sugar to that pile!
Pour on the water…
And then stir to coat all of the apples in the spices and sugar. Cook on low 4 – 6 hours before mashing or blending smooth.
- 6 - 8 large apples, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/8 t. ground cloves
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 T. butter
- 1 cup water
- Start by washing and chopping up all of your apples. Place in a medium crockpot.
- Dump in the lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, brown sugar, butter, and water.
- Stir gently to combine everything and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours. Mash or blend smooth.
- Serve hot or cool and enjoy!!