These little menaces are evil. They seem to beckon me from my bed at night for a little midnight snacking.. But back to the big picture: What’s better than bacon, cream cheese, and jalapeños? I’m afraid that there’s not much. In fact, if you come up with something that’s better than this combo – Let me know! Okay, deep breath, here we go…
12 jalapeño peppers
1 1/2 – 2 (8 oz each) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 – 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Or regular cheddar works too)
8 slices bacon, cut in thirds
Start by washing off all of your jalapeños. Some people like to wear gloves while messing with jalapeños – I usually don’t, but I also have fingers that feel like they might fall off after making these and working with the peppers for awhile. So it’s all a matter of choice!
And then use a grapefruit spoon (or a paring knife will work as well!) to scoop out all of the seeds. I ended up chopping up some of the seeds and throwing them into the cheese filling, just for a little heat. But you can also just leave some of the seeds and membranes in the peppers.
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 1 1/2 - 2 (8 oz each) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Or regular cheddar works too)
- 8 slices bacon, cut in thirds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by combining the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut your bacon slices in thirds and set those aside too.
- Wash the jalapeños and then slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the membrane and seeds if you aren't wanting much heat.
- Fill the jalapeños with the cheese mixture and then wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until golden brown and bacon is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!!