1/4 cream cheese, softened
2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
3 T. mayonnaise
1/2 large red pepper, chopped
3/4 t. onion powder
1/8 t. garlic powder
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
Start by toasting your pecans. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350* for 7-10 minutes.
Toss your cream cheese in the food processor until smooth.
Dump in your cheeses.
Dump in the mayonnaise.
Add your chopped peppers and seasonings.
Grind it up until it’s well mixed and starts forming into a ball.
Scrap into a bowl and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Chop up your pecans and place in a bowl.
Form into 1-inch balls and roll in the pecans. Place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
Store in the fridge and enjoy!
Nutty Cheese Balls
Write a review
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 t. onion powder
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- Start by toasting the pecans in a preheated 350 degree oven for 7 - 10 minutes.
- In a food processer, pulse the cream cheese until smooth.
- Dump in the other cheeses, mayo, chopped peppers, and seasonings.
- Pulse until the mixture starts forming into clumps or balls.
- Scrape into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind up your pecans and place in a bowl.
- When cheese mixture is chilled, roll it into 1-inch balls and roll through the pecans.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and store in the fridge.
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/