2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2/3 cup craisins
2/3 cup chocolate chips
Start by mixing the brown sugar and butter together.
Add eggs and mix really well…
In another bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
Add (in four separate additions) the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mix.
Place in a tall glass the craisins and pour over them hot water, let sit for about 2 – 3 minutes, and then drain.
Dump in the chocolate chips. (Yummy!)
Then add the drained craisins (double yummy!)
Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375* for 10 – 12 minutes. Pull out and cool.
Oatmeal Craisin Chocolate-Chip Cookies
A wonderful combination of oatmeal, craisins, and chocolate chips makes this cookie one of a kind!
Write a review
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2/3 cup craisins
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by mixing the brown sugar and butter together. Beat in eggs.
- In another bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually (in about four separate additions) add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Place the craisins in a bowl or tall glass and pour over them hot water. Let sit 2-3 minutes to "plump" them a little and then drain.
- Fold the chocolate chips and craisins into the batter.
- Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/