I’ve always loved peanut butter eggs, but I love ’em even more now that I don’t have to wait until Easter to buy them, and the fact that you get a whole lot more bang-for-yer-buck with this recipe!
To get started you’ll need:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker (fine) crumbs
3 cups chocolate chips
Start by putting your peanut butter in a large bowl.
Mix in your melted butter.
Add powdered sugar and don’t get alarmed if it looks dry, it’ll all work out!
Then mix in your Graham Cracker crumbs.
Stir together really, really well.
Using a large serving spoon, shape the mix into an egg.
Place on a large cookie sheet, covered in waxed paper, and freeze for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, start melting your chocolate. Pull out the eggs and dip in the chocolate…
Place on a wire baking rack and then put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Take out of freezer, store in airtight container in fridge, and enjoy!!
An easy homemade version of the classic Easter Peanut-Butter Eggs. An you know what? It tastes just as good as the ones from the store!
Write a review
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker (fine) crumbs
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Start by combining the peanut butter, melted butter, powdered sugar, and graham crackers in a large bowl. It'll look a little dry, but that's ok!
- Using a large spoon, shape the mixture into eggs. Pack it hard in the spoon so they'll stay together and not crack.
- Set eggs on a large cookie sheet and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once eggs are chilled, melt the chocolate chips and carefully dip the eggs into the chocolate.
- Place on a wire rack over the cookie sheet and chill another 15 minutes.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!!
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/