Super yummy and simple, this cake is great for most any gathering you have! The pecans and pumpkin go together perfectly and give it a variety of fall flavors (Yes, I know, it’s not fall. But I still had to post this!) Have fun!
1 (16 oz. can) pumpkin
1 (12 oz. can) evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 t. salt
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 yellow cake mix
1 cup butter
1 cup pecans
Start by mixing the pumpkin, milk, sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs. Mix well!
Pour into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
Then top with the pecans.
Evenly pour the butter all over the pecans and cake mix. Don’t stir any!
Now it won’t be very pretty at this point, lots of bubbles and lumps.. But that’s okay!
Bake it at 350* for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Pull out and let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes. Or you can cool it completely. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pecan Cake
Write a review
- 1 (16 oz. can) pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz. can) evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Start by mixing the pumpkin, milk, sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs. Mix well!
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the top.
- Then top with the pecans.
- Pour over the butter (evenly).
- Now bake it for 45 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Pull out and let sit for 5 - 10 minutes. Cut and serve!
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/