These rolls are really easy, quick, and taste quite good! But be sure to not over mix them or they’ll turn out just like hockey pucks. Yes, I’m sorry to say I know this tidbit from past experience… When that happens just crumble them and dry the crumbs. Use as you would normal bread crumbs or feed the birds with ’em!
2 t. yeast
1 cup flour
2/3 cup powdered milk
3 T. sugar
1 t. salt
2 1/2 T. butter
1 1/2 cups hot water
3 cups flour
Mix the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
Melt the butter.
Heat the water…
Stir the butter and water into the dry ingredients.
And then knead in the flour.
Don’t over knead!!! Let the dough rise 10 minutes.
On a floured surface, roll out and cut the rolls…
Place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise ten minutes more and bake at 400* for 10 minutes.
After baking, smear a little butter over the tops. When it comes to butter, I like to think you can never get too much!
Spread on a little jam and enjoy!!
A super simple way to make the perfect dinner roll every time!
Write a review
- 2 t. yeast
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup powdered milk
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 2 1/2 T. butter
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by combining the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and heat the water, add to the dry mixture.
- Gently knead in 3 cups flour until it's just mixed in.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out and cut the dough using a biscuit cutter or just a regular drinking glass tipped upside down.
- Place them on a greased cookie sheet and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pull out and grab a stick of butter, rub it on the tops of the rolls liberally.
Prairie Gal Cookin' http://www.prairiegalcookin.com/