It’s that time of year again! The time where hot chocolate and some hot apple cider are making their way into everyone’s busy days. Perfect for that evening when you’ve come in from a long, busy day and are ready to prop your feet up by the fire, this Spiced Apple Cider is even better than normal cider since it’s a little more spicy than the typical gallon you’ll pick up at the store and there’s a nice balance of sweet and tangy!
1 gallon (store bought) apple cider
1 (14 oz) can jellied cranberry sauce
3 – 4 whole cinnamon sticks
1 orange, sliced (optional)
Start with the cast of ingredients – Store bought apple cider, jellied cranberry sauce, and some cinnamon sticks.
Let’s put the cranberry sauce in a large slow cooker and then…
Pour in the apple cider. (I promise – When we are done, you won’t drink it straight from the jug ever again!)
Toss in the cinnamon sticks! Whatever amount you feel like.. I suggest 3 or 4 is a safe number to go with!
Then cook on low for 3 – 4 hours or until the cranberry sauce is melted into the cider and everything has had time to mingle together and get to know each other! If using oranges, throw those in the slow cooker a couple hours before serving.
Serve in tall glasses with a nice fireplace to sit beside and a good book. It’ll make the stress of Thanksgiving meal-planning, Christmas shopping, and whatever else is on your mind ease away for awhile!
- 1 gallon (store bought) apple cider
- 1 (14 oz) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 - 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, sliced (optional)
- Combine apple cider, cranberry sauce, and cinnamon sticks in a large slow-cooker. (If using oranges, add those too!)
- Cook on low for 3 - 4 hours or until the cranberry sauce is melted into cider.
- Remove cinnamon sticks if you like and serve!