One of the easiest cookie recipes to whip up, Soft Cocoa Cookies pair perfectly with a hot cup of… Yep! You guessed it – Hot Cocoa! They’re a simple chocolate cookie with a hint of cinnamon in them. Everyone will be asking for the recipe!
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 t. salt
3 t. baking powder
2/3 cup milk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon
Start by mixing the butter and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
Add the egg (you can see I was making a double batch here!)
And mix until the egg is gone!
In another large bowl, combine together the dry ingredients. Everything except the cinnamon! (That’s special. It’s for later!)
Add half of the dry mixture into the butter and sugar mix and cream together.
Then pour in half of the milk and mix again!
Finish up by adding the remaining flour and then the leftover milk.
Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon lastly. (This smells amazing by now!!!)
Start dropping balls of cookie batter onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8 – 12 minutes.
Pull out, let cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then place on a cooling rack lined with waxed paper.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar after cooled…. And try to keep it down to 1 or 2 of these little wonders!
Another thought is to try them with a cup of hot cocoa. You know, Soft Cocoa Cookies + Hot Cocoa = Match made in Heaven!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3 t. baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by mixing the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and mix again. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients except the cinnamon.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the butter and sugar, stir together.
- Add half of the milk, mix gently.
- Add the last half of the dry mixture, mix, and then dump in the remaining milk.
- Splash in the vanilla and cinnamon and mix again!
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 - 12 minutes.
- Pull out and cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.