Happy Monday, all!
Today, I’m excited to announce that Prairie Gal Cookin’ has been nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award by the lovely website, Yours, Juliet, where German-based grad student, Juliet, blogs about lifestyle, travels, past expat experiences and her journey towards her next adventure abroad! Thank you so much for the nomination, Juliet!
So this is how it works: If you’re nominated, you should link back to the blogger who nominated you, post the rules, tell 11 facts about yourself, answer the questions that were set for you, and then nominate up to 11 more bloggers and come up with 11 questions for them.
Let’s start with the 11 facts about myself:
- I am so thankful for my Savior, family and friends. They mean so much to me!
- I love to write – As is obvious by the fact that I have this website!
- My biggest pet peeves are when closet doors are left open and also when people sit on my freshly made (wrinkle-free) bed!
- Someday, I plan to learn French and Spanish. Spanish, because of how practical it would be to know around where we live, and French because I love most everything involving Paris!
- I’m a book hoarder. Or at least I’m afraid I am.. My idea of decorating is a new bookshelf! I currently have 4 in one room, but just recently had to get rid of one! (It was a very sad thing…)
- The most relaxing thing I can imagine, is sitting on the porch swing during the summer evenings, listening to the crickets and frogs down by the river, with my favorite person!
- Someday I plan to write a cookbook. Or two. Or three! And maybe a few novels!
- I don’t like fish… The taste or smell!
- I love going to the “big city” for a day of shopping, but at the end of the day, I’m always happy to head back home – I love living in the country. After living your entire life with the only sounds being the chirping birds, frogs, and surrounding cattle, you get kinda spoiled!
- States I’ve been through or to include: Alaska, California, Texas, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arkansas, Missouri, and Louisiana. Hopefully, I’ll someday add Montana to that list too!
- And a last little thing about me? I believe that everything happens for a reason, and that no matter how difficult it is at that time, God is always right there and has planned something good to come out of it.
So now, I have 11 questions to answer from Juliet… Here goes!
What is your biggest dream right now?
Well.. I can’t share my biggest dream right now, but I can share my second biggest! That dream would be for Prairie Gal Cookin’ to continue being a popular website, but for me to also find the opportunity to write a cookbook full of the recipes and ramblings from this website!
Which of your dreams recently came true?
I got accepted into a couple of different programs I’ve been wanting to be a part of for years.. One is a college, the other an advertisement company!
What is the next destination you want to travel to?
New Mexico and Texas. I’m hoping to go on a culinary tour at some point, so those are the two main destinations I have in mind!
What is your best memory growing up?
Oh my.. There are so many! So I’ll just settle for sharing a few of my favorites: Playing tag after Sunday evening church with all of my friends, going to garage sales, thrift shops, and auctions with my dad and grandpa, canning green beans with my mom (I learned a lot!), and wandering around the Silver Dollar City theme park in MO with friends.
What are you grateful for?
My Savior! He really is there for me in those times of difficulty. I’m also thankful for my supportive family and encouraging friends. They have no idea how much they mean to me!
What is the best movie of all times?
I don’t watch many movies.. So I would probably have to say One Night With The King! But if I were to pick a tv show? Walker, Texas Ranger will always be my most favorite!
What inspires your blog?
Life. And the fact that I love to share with others what I enjoy most in life. The little stories involving the animals, a fun new recipe I’ve created or found.. Just all around, I love to share my favorite things!
What book had the biggest impact on you?
First and foremost, the Bible. Outside of that, I don’t know!
What is your favorite photo and why?
My most favorite photo.. Hmm.. I’m gonna change this to my most favorite photo on this website!
Surprisingly, when looking back through the pictures on this website, this one stuck out as one of my most favorites! I took this with my phone, right after running over behind some silos so I had a clear view of the approaching storm. That storm ended up being the worst one I’ve ever been through.. I’ll never forget that afternoon! It was one of the craziest times I can recall, but at the same time, also one of my favorites – I don’t know why and it sounds crazy to say! I do know, it’ll always be stuck in my memory! (You can read about the whole thing here: Corn Harvest… and A Tornado?)
If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
I’d like to try a day in the life of Ree Drummond. I can’t imagine that I’d want to do it forever (no offense, Ree!) but I would love to see how she manages to do everything that she does: keeping up with the daily life of her family, helping with their cattle ranch, keeping up with her website, and not to mention writing her cookbooks and other books.. I’d probably need more like a week to experience all of that, but it would sure be a learning experience!
Define your own, personal happiness in three words 🙂
Faith, People (that includes my family and friends), Writing!
Juliet, I had a blast going through your questions – Thank you! Now here are the 11 bloggers I’ve nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award:
And my questions for you gals are:
Why did you become a blogger?
Have you ever danced in the rain?
What is your sweetest memory?
If you could spend a day in the shoes of someone else, who would it be?
What is a quote, song, poem, movie, book, etc that inspires you?
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Who is your hero?
What is your favorite recipe?
Cowboy boots or high heels?
What’s your idea of a perfect Friday night?
Describe yourself in three words!
So hopefully you’ve enjoyed learning a little bit more about the gal behind this blog! Check out some of those blogs I’ve nominated, find something yummy or fun, and drop them a little note!