Unlike most of the posts on PGC, this won’t have much (maybe anything) to do with cooking or everyday life. This post is about the Liebster award for which Prairie Gal Cookin’ was nominated for. Not knowing much about the award, I did a little research.
The Liebster award is given to bloggers by other bloggers mainly to help discover other blogs around the world and as something fun! Bloggers that are nominated for the award and choose to accept it are to:
– Post about the award on their blog.
– Thank the blogger that awarded them and link back to them.
– Answer the 11 questions that the blogger that nominated for them asked.
– Nomiate 11 other bloggers with less than 1000 followers.
– Create their own list of questions for those bloggers.
To start off, I’d like to thank Everything Then Some for nominating PGC for the award (Thank you!) Now to answer her 11 questions for me…
1. What is your most prized possession?
Oh dear. That’s a hard one! Well, material possession? My Bible. But after that probably my camera. Without it I would feel lost half the time!
2. Cat or Dog?
Jennifer – Another not fair question! I love them both, but I would say cat. Cats can curl up in your lap and be like a soft, fuzzy, purring, little pillow – Dogs will try to do this, but it just doesn’t work for them like it does for cats!
3. How did you pick your blog name?
Technically, Prairie Gal Cookin’ was not the first name of the blog. It had a least one other in the first few days of exsistense, but I felt it didn’t fit right – So it was changed! I chose Prairie Gal Cookin’ because of how we live in Central America with all of its “prairies” and the cooking part was tacked on the end because that’s what I enjoy sharing about! If I could go back, I might change the name a bit because of cooking not being the only thing that I post about; but for now it works just fine!
4. What single quality do you appreciate most in people?
Honesty. You know how you can tell when someone is acting “fake”? I love it when people are completely real with me. Open and honest! That would have to be one thing I like most in somebody.
5. Describe yourself in three words.
Creative. Simple. Crazy!
6. What’s your favorite recipe to make?
Hmmm.. This is not easy! It’s a toss up between Homemade Alfredo Sauce with Chicken and Old-Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies. At the present time, I will say the Alfredo. It’s pretty hard to beat!
7. What do you (secretly) love to spend money on?
There are about three things. None really secret, but all something that I love to spend on! Cast iron kitchenware (I have a couple of really nice pieces – I’m pretty picky about what I will buy cast-iron wise!), Christian fiction (I have more than our local library does. Not sure if that’s a good fact or not!), and cookbooks. Currently, my selection varies from vintage Betty Crocker’s and the Farmer’s Wife cookbook, America’s Test Kitchen and Cook’s Country, to the Duck Dynasty cookbook and the complete Pioneer Woman series. Plus lots more!
8. What draws your attention to blog posts?
Pictures. Lots of good pictures. That and if it’s something that I’ve just recently started looking around for a tutorial for. But mainly, just really good photos!
9. What’s your perfect idea of a Saturday night?
Sunday school lesson prepped laying on my desk, a hot meal and then an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger!
10. What is your favorite season of the year?
Early to Mid-fall. No questions asked! It’s not too cold yet, but the leaves are still on the trees and changing colors.
Okay, now that I’ve answered my questions (I know, I said 11 in the rules, but there were only 10 for me. Thank you, Jennifer!!!) I think we’re ready to move on to the 11 people I’ve nominated for a Liebster award.
The Food Concierge
Chocolate With Grace
Creative Mama, Messy House
Lavende and Lemonade
Bakes In Slippers
Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Dels’s Cooking Twist
Grab A Plate
Food & Swine
My 11 questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. What is your favorite thing to do when you have some “me” time? (book, coffee, movie, hanging with the girlfriends, etc.)
3. Cat or dog?
4. Favorite recipe to make?
5. Describe yourself in three words!
6. Your favorite quote and by whom?
7. Who Is your hero and why?
8. A favorite piece of advice to share?
9. Favorite blog post you’ve written? (link, please!)
10. What’s your idea of a perfect Friday night?
11. Cowboy boots or high heels? (Or both!)
Good luck and have fun!