I love, love, love this pork… I got the recipe from Ree Drummond, but I’ve changed it a tiny bit! It is spicy, but it’s really, really good.
1 large onion
4 – 5 lb. whole pork shoulder or butt roast
1 can (7 ounces) Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
2 cans Dr. Pepper
2 T. Brown Sugar
Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion
- 4 - 5 lb. whole pork shoulder or butt roast
- 1 can (7 ounces) Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 2 cans Dr. Pepper
- 2 T. brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Place the roast in a large crockpot.
- Pour over it the peppers, 1 can Dr. Pepper, brown sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Over all of that, pour over the other can Dr. Pepper.
- Cover and cook on low overnight or for at least 6 - 8 hours.